Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Product Review: Troy-Bilt Pressure Washer





Spring is always a busy time of year, there are so many chores on the to do list. Some of these chores are TROY-BILT PRESSURE WASHER PARTS. Maintaining the fence and deck are definitely not on the fun list – and this year we have to stain both. The stuff that’s on the not-so-fun list tends to get put off again and again, and I am an excellent procrastinator!

But I was actually motivated and excited to prep the fence and deck for staining, because I got a shiny new toy…
Oh Yes, I Put This Pressure Washer To The TEST!

In addition to cleaning the fence and deck, we used the pressure washer to knock down some old wasp nests (Eek!), and it did the job no problem. I also used it to wash the siding on the house (which is a job I’m ashamed to admit we have never done). Wow, I couldn’t believe the gunk that came out of the crevices at the bottom of the siding when I washed around the door – yuck! I also used it to wash the garage doors and windows. Whew!
Troy-Bilt Pressure Washer Review

The Troy-Bilt pressure washer comes with several spray tips, which adjust the flow of water through the nozzle. Each spray tip can be used for different jobs. One thing we liked right away is the accessory tray that attaches to the pressure washer to hold the spray nozzles (the color-coded spray nozzles! Fancy.). Each one is marked to tell you what its purpose is. The spray tips snap in there nice and tight, so they won’t fall out and get lost.

Both the input and output hoses attach on the bottom/front of the pressure washer. It was a bit awkward to figure out how to move the pressure washer around at first, we were worried it would take two people to maneuver it. But once we figured out that it’s easiest to straighten out the hoses first, then pull the machine backwards, it was much easier for one person to move around (and by the end of all of our projects, we were total pros at it!).

One thing that I don’t like is the location of the trigger release button on the handle. The red button on the side of the handle is the trigger release (see it there, way up and just to the left of the Troy-Bilt logo), and you have to push that before you can pull the trigger. As you can see, my hand is not big enough to reach the trigger release and pull the trigger at the same time. So, I have to use two hands to release and pull the trigger. My husband’s hands are larger, but he had the same issue. It would be nice if the release button was on top of the handle, where my thumb is in this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment